Alumni Legacy Fund – Making a Gift
Gift via Check
- Make checks payable to Stanford University.
- In the memo line indicate, Biodesign Alumni Association Fund
- If you send an accompanying letter, please include the following: “This gift is intended to support the Biodesign Alumni Association Fund.”
- Mail your check to Stanford Development Services, P.O. Box 20466, Stanford, CA 94309-0466
Credit Card gifts via the Web
- Go to the Stanford Medicine Giving Page
- In the special instructions/designation box, Indicate Biodesign Alumni Association fund
Gifts via Wire Transfer
Individual Name: Stanford University – Development Services
Bank Name: Wells Fargo BankSan Francisco Main Office, 420 Montgomery Street, San Francisco, CA 94104 USA
ABA Routing #: 121-000248
Account number: 4944-863570
Reference: Development Services
- To ensure accurate handling, please send a confirming email to: email@example.com
- This confirming email should include:
- Date Stanford should expect the wire
- Dollar amount
- Sending organization
- Intended department at Stanford – Biodesign Alumni Association fund
For questions or help making your gift, please contact Allie Gregorian with the Stanford Development Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (623) 332-0844. You can also direct questions to Justin Huelman, or Brandon Felkins.
Need a little more information? Below you will find responses to several frequently asked questions. As we get more questions we will continue to update.
Q: What is going to be the name of this Alumni funded fellowship?
A: The name has not yet been finalized but the working name is the Stanford Biodesign Alumni Fellowship.
Q: What happens if we don’t raise enough money to convert the Alumni Legacy Fund to a fully funded fellowship position?
A: If this campaign falls short of fully funding a named fellowship endowment, rest assured the money will still be used to support Biodesign. One option would be to endow a smaller fund and while it wouldn’t be able to support a full fellow each year, it still would provide Biodesign with some level of sustained revenue to spend on critical programs.
Q: Is my gift tax-deductible?
A: All gifts to Stanford are tax-deductible in the United States. There may also be tax benefits for residents in other countries.
Q: What is Stanford’s federal tax ID number? Is Stanford a 501(c)(3) organization?
A: Stanford’s FID # is 94-1156365. The university is tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code.
Q: I think my employer matches charitable gifts, how does that work?
A: To find out if your company offers a matching program, consult the online database of matching companies. You can also ask your human resources department about your company’s policy. Definitely make sure to look into this option, as you may find out you can significantly magnify your gift.